- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Yellow-naped Amazon
Yellow-naped Amazon, Amazona auropalliata, occurs on the Pacific slope of southern Mexico through to northern Costa Rica, as well as in north-east Nicaragua into north-east Honduras, and the Bay Islands of Honduras (Juniper and Parr 1988, see Taylor 2013). It … Continue reading
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Yellow-naped Amazon (Amazona auropalliata): is it eligible for uplisting?
The species is regarded as declining, probably throughout its range, owing to habitat loss and degradation, driven primarily by the expansion of agriculture, and capture for local and international trade (Juniper and Parr 1998, Anon. 2008). Further information is requested on the severity of threats and likely rate of decline over the last 37 years and projected rate of decline over the next 37 years. Continue reading