- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (947)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Xantus’s Murrelet
Archived 2014 discussion: Xantus’s Murrelet (Synthliboramphus hypoleucus) is being split: list S. hypoleucus as Endangered and S. scrippsi as Vulnerable?
Xantus’s Murrelet Synthliboramphus hypoleucus is being split into S. hypoleucus and S. scrippsi, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010), and consideration of genetic evidence (Birt et al. 2012). Continue reading