- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: wildlife trade
BirdLife species factsheet for Timneh Parrot: http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/factsheet/22736498 This species was formerly considered conspecific with P. erithacus, but has been considered separate since 2012. It is endemic to West Africa, and is found from Guinea-Bissau east through Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia … Continue reading
BirdLife species factsheet for Grey Parrot: http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/factsheet/22724813 This species was formerly considered conspecific with P. timneh, but has been considered separate since 2012. The major threat to this species is from the pet trade (Martin et al. 2014). From 1982 … Continue reading