- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: wildlife trade
BirdLife species factsheet for Timneh Parrot: http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/factsheet/22736498 This species was formerly considered conspecific with P. erithacus, but has been considered separate since 2012. It is endemic to West Africa, and is found from Guinea-Bissau east through Guinea, Sierra Leone, Liberia … Continue reading
BirdLife species factsheet for Grey Parrot: http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/factsheet/22724813 This species was formerly considered conspecific with P. timneh, but has been considered separate since 2012. The major threat to this species is from the pet trade (Martin et al. 2014). From 1982 … Continue reading