- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: White-throated Eared-nightjar
Archived 2014 discussion: White-throated Eared-nightjar (Eurostopodus mystacalis) is being split: list E. exul as Critically Endangered (Possibly Extinct) and E. nigripennis as Vulnerable?
White-throated Eared-nightjar Eurostopodus mystacalis is being split into E. mystacalis, E. exul and E. nigripennis, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading