- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: White-tailed Laurel Pigeon
Archived 2010-2011 topics: White-tailed Laurel Pigeon (Columba junoniae): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
White-tailed Laurel Pigeon Columba junoniae is currently listed as Endangered, However, data collated in 2010 show that its Area of Occupancy (and presumably its population) has increased in the last 20 years and its global status may best be revised to Near Threatened or Least Concern. Continue reading