- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (947)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: White-eared Night-heron
Extensive survey effort has recently resulted in many records from new locations, leading to a considerable extension of its known range and suggesting that the species has been under-recorded and may in fact breed over a wider area of southern China and northern Indochina (He Fen-qi et al. 2007a,b, Pilgrim et al. 2009). Further information on this species is requested, with particular emphasis on population estimates and sub-population structure, and comments are also invited on the suspicion of a rapid population decline. Continue reading