- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (948)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
- Uncategorized (1)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: White-bellied Barbet
Archived 2017 topics: White-bellied Barbet (Lybius leucogaster): uplist to Endangered or Vulnerable?
BirdLife species factsheet for White-bellied Barbet: http://datazone.birdlife.org/species/factsheet/white-bellied-barbet-lybius-leucogaster White-bellied Barbet, Lybius leucogaster, is currently listed as Least Concern on the basis that it was thought that it did not approach the threshold for Vulnerable under any criterion. This species is … Continue reading