- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Watkins’s Antpitta
Remapping of the species’s range with reference to a map of suitable habitat produced through BIOCLIM modelling (Freile et al. 2010) has resulted in a new EOO estimate of 16,600 km2, suggesting that the species meets the range size threshold for Vulnerable under criterion B1. However, the species is known from more than 10 locations and its habitat is not considered severely fragmented (over 50% in patches too small to support viable populations). Comments are invited on the proposal to uplist this species to Near Threatened, and further information is requested. Continue reading