- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Watkins’s Antpitta
Remapping of the species’s range with reference to a map of suitable habitat produced through BIOCLIM modelling (Freile et al. 2010) has resulted in a new EOO estimate of 16,600 km2, suggesting that the species meets the range size threshold for Vulnerable under criterion B1. However, the species is known from more than 10 locations and its habitat is not considered severely fragmented (over 50% in patches too small to support viable populations). Comments are invited on the proposal to uplist this species to Near Threatened, and further information is requested. Continue reading