- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (1,032)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- Pampas Meadowlark (Leistes defilippii): request for information.
- Cipo Canastero (Asthenes luizae): revise global status?
- Plumbeous Antvireo (Dysithamnus plumbeus): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Helmeted Woodpecker (Hylatomus galeatus): uplist from VU to EN?
- Black-capped Piprites (Piprites pileata): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Viridian Dacnis
BirdLife species factsheet for Viridian Dacnis Viridian Dacnis (Dacnis viguieri) occurs in north-west Colombia (north Chocó, north-west Antioquia, south-west Córdoba) and east Panama (east Darién) (Hilty and Brown 1986, Ridgely and Gywnne 1989, Ridgely and Tudor 1989). Within this range … Continue reading
Viridian Dacnis Dacnis viguieri is listed as Near Threatened, however this species has been mapped by Natureserve/BirdLife International as having an estimated Extent of Occurrence (EOO) of 56,500 km2, hence it does not appear to approach the IUCN thresholds and appears to warrant downlisting to Least Concern. Continue reading