- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Vietnam Greenfinch
The area of suitable habitat for this species is actually thought to be increasing as a result of deforestation, as this leads to increases in the area of scrub and Khasi pine forest, the growth of which is stimulated by fire (BirdLife International 2001, del Hoyo et al. 2010). It is therefore proposed that the species be downlisted to Least Concern as it no longer appears to approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. Comments on this proposed change are invited and further information on this species is requested. Continue reading