- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Venezuelan Wood-quail
Venezuelan Wood-quail Odontophorus columbianus is listed as Near Threatened under criterion B1a+b(i,ii,iii,iv) because, although it has an Extent of Occurrence estimated at 9,400 km2, within which it is suspected to be declining owing to habitat loss and hunting pressure, the population is not considered to be severely fragmented or restricted to a few locations. Up-to-date information is requested on this species’s population, the likely rate of decline over 12 years (estimate of three generations) and the severity of threats.