- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Vanikoro Monarch
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Vanikoro Monarch (Mayrornis schistaceus): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
BirdLife species factsheet for Vanikoro Monarch Vanikoro Monarch Mayrornis schistaceus occurs on the island of Vanikoro (170 km2) and its small satellite island of Buma in the Solomon Islands. It is currently listed as Near Threatened, approaching criteria B1ab(iii); C1+2a(ii); D2 because … Continue reading