- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (236)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
- Eat chocolate, save a rainforest - the Gola Cocoa Project tells you how May 22, 2018Gbessay Sannoh and Bockerie Sama are standing in a shady rainforest amongst the whooping sounds of hornbills and leafy cocoa trees. They’re at the edge of the Gola Rainforest in Sierra Leone, where for generations thousands of cocoa trees have been grown by their people – the Goleagorbu, small-scale farmers. While chatting and joking they […]
- The Comeback Kids: five birds brought back from the brink May 21, 2018People often underestimate nature’s power to bounce back. Give it half a chance, and habitats will start to regrow, populations recover. There’s no denying that humans create huge challenges – but with enough support, dedication and resources, we can also reverse them. And the minute we do, nature is there in the wings, waiting to […]
- BirdLife wins big at Natura 2000 Awards 2018 May 18, 2018
- Eat chocolate, save a rainforest - the Gola Cocoa Project tells you how May 22, 2018
Tag Archives: Vanikoro Monarch
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Vanikoro Monarch (Mayrornis schistaceus): uplist to Vulnerable or Endangered?
BirdLife species factsheet for Vanikoro Monarch Vanikoro Monarch Mayrornis schistaceus occurs on the island of Vanikoro (170 km2) and its small satellite island of Buma in the Solomon Islands. It is currently listed as Near Threatened, approaching criteria B1ab(iii); C1+2a(ii); D2 because … Continue reading