- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Unicoloured Thrush
Unicoloured Thrush Turdus haplochrous is known from only a few localities in north Bolivia. It is currently listed as Near Threatened because the global population is assumed to be small owing to the small number of records. Given the lack of recent records its global population may be extremely small and the species may warrant listing in a higher threat category, but alternatively it may simply have been overlooked and given that it has a potentially large range then it could be Least Concern. Comments on the species’s status are most welcome. Continue reading