- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: UK Overseas Territories
Archived 2016 topics: Salvin’s Prion (Pachyptila salvini) is being split: list P. salvini as Least Concern and P. macgillivrayi as Endangered?
BirdLife International now recognises the split of Pachyptila salvini into P. salvini and P. macgillivrayi. Prior to this taxonomic change, Salvin’s Prion Pachyptila salvini (http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/speciesfactsheet.php?id=3915) was listed as Least Concern, on the basis that it has a very large range, … Continue reading
Montserrat Oriole Icterus oberi is endemic to Montserrat (to UK) where it has an extremely small range. It is currently listed as Critically Endangered under criterion B1ab due to a rapid population decline between 1997 and 2000 (Arendt et al. … Continue reading
St Helena Plover (Charadrius sanctaehelenae) is endemic to St Helena (to UK). This species is classified as Critically Endangered because its population was extremely small and declining owing to land-use change (particularly a decrease in grazing pressure) and predation by … Continue reading