- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Re-assessment of Species against Criterion B1: Red List Implications of the use of Minimum Convex Polygons
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: UK Overseas Territories
Archived 2016 topics: Salvin’s Prion (Pachyptila salvini) is being split: list P. salvini as Least Concern and P. macgillivrayi as Endangered?
BirdLife International now recognises the split of Pachyptila salvini into P. salvini and P. macgillivrayi. Prior to this taxonomic change, Salvin’s Prion Pachyptila salvini (http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/speciesfactsheet.php?id=3915) was listed as Least Concern, on the basis that it has a very large range, … Continue reading
Montserrat Oriole Icterus oberi is endemic to Montserrat (to UK) where it has an extremely small range. It is currently listed as Critically Endangered under criterion B1ab due to a rapid population decline between 1997 and 2000 (Arendt et al. … Continue reading
St Helena Plover (Charadrius sanctaehelenae) is endemic to St Helena (to UK). This species is classified as Critically Endangered because its population was extremely small and declining owing to land-use change (particularly a decrease in grazing pressure) and predation by … Continue reading