- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Ua Pou Monarch
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Ua Pou Monarch (Pomarea mira): reassess as Critically Endangered (Possibly Extinct)?
Hopes that the species is extant have been raised by an unconfirmed but convincing report of an adult male observed on Ua Pou in 2010, and as a result surveys are planned for 2012 (P. Raust in litt. 2011). In light of this information it is proposed that the species be reassessed as Critically Endangered (Possibly Extinct), on the basis of an increased likelihood that some individuals survive. Continue reading