- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Ua Pou Monarch
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Ua Pou Monarch (Pomarea mira): reassess as Critically Endangered (Possibly Extinct)?
Hopes that the species is extant have been raised by an unconfirmed but convincing report of an adult male observed on Ua Pou in 2010, and as a result surveys are planned for 2012 (P. Raust in litt. 2011). In light of this information it is proposed that the species be reassessed as Critically Endangered (Possibly Extinct), on the basis of an increased likelihood that some individuals survive. Continue reading