- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Three-toed Jacamar
BirdLife species factsheet for Three-toed Jacamar Three-toed Jacamar (Jacamaralcyon tridactyla) occurs in small numbers at a few sites in south-eastern Brazil. It is found in the Río Paraíba valley in Rio de Janeiro state and the dry regions of east … Continue reading
Archived 2018 topic: Three-toed Jacamar (Jacamaralcyon tridactyla): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
This discussion was first published as part of the 2016 Red List update. At the time a decision regarding its status was pended, but to enable potential reassessment of the species as part of the 2018 Red List update this … Continue reading