- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Thick-billed Parrot
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Thick-billed Parrot (Rhynchopsitta pachyrhyncha): request for information
Thick-billed Parrot R. pachyrhyncha is listed as Endangered under criterion C2a(ii) on the basis that its population numbers fewer than 2,500 mature individuals and is suspected to be declining due to the clearance and degradation of its habitat. Recently, concerns have been expressed to us that this population estimate may be incorrect by an order of magnitude, as there are apparently fewer than 100 active nests each year (J. Gilardi in litt. 2010). Continue reading