- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Thick-billed Parrot
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Thick-billed Parrot (Rhynchopsitta pachyrhyncha): request for information
Thick-billed Parrot R. pachyrhyncha is listed as Endangered under criterion C2a(ii) on the basis that its population numbers fewer than 2,500 mature individuals and is suspected to be declining due to the clearance and degradation of its habitat. Recently, concerns have been expressed to us that this population estimate may be incorrect by an order of magnitude, as there are apparently fewer than 100 active nests each year (J. Gilardi in litt. 2010). Continue reading