- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (1,032)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- Pampas Meadowlark (Leistes defilippii): request for information.
- Cipo Canastero (Asthenes luizae): revise global status?
- Plumbeous Antvireo (Dysithamnus plumbeus): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Helmeted Woodpecker (Hylatomus galeatus): uplist from VU to EN?
- Black-capped Piprites (Piprites pileata): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Tatamá Tapaculo
Archived 2019 topic: The newly described taxon Tatamá Tapaculo (Scytalopus alvarezlopezi) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International
Tatamá Tapaculo (Scytalopus alvarezlopezi) was discovered in 1992 on the Pacific slope of the Western Andes of Colombia. Based on the vocalisation and on genetic and morphological analysis of two specimens taken in 1992 and 2015, the species was described … Continue reading