- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Tablas Drongo
Tablas Drongo Dicrurus menagei has been split from Hair-crested Drongo D. hottentottus. D. menagei is found only on Tablas Island in west-central Philippines, where by 1997 it was considered probably extinct after many decades without any reports. Observations since 1998, however, have confirmed that the species is extant, albeit rare. Although data are lacking on its population size and exact distribution, it is proposed that this species be listed as Endangered under the B criterion. Continue reading