- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Sumichrast’s Wren
Sumichrast’s Wren Hylorchilus sumichrasti is currently listed as Near Threatened, however with an Extent of Occurrence now estimated at 997 km2, the species’s population is likely to have been overestimated and the species could potentially qualify as Vulnerable or Endangered. Up-to-date information is sought on the likely population size and structure, and the level of habitat fragmentation within this species’s range. Continue reading