- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Sucre Antpitta
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Sucre Antpitta (Grallaricula cumanensis): newly-split and globally threatened
Sucre Antpitta Grallaricula cumanensis has been split from Slate-crowned Antpitta G. nana following SACC (2010), and is suspected to qualify as either Vulnerable or Endangered. Comments on the number of locations, degree of fragmentation and rate of habitat loss within the altitudinal range of this species, together with estimates of the likely population size, are welcomed. Continue reading