- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Sucre Antpitta
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Sucre Antpitta (Grallaricula cumanensis): newly-split and globally threatened
Sucre Antpitta Grallaricula cumanensis has been split from Slate-crowned Antpitta G. nana following SACC (2010), and is suspected to qualify as either Vulnerable or Endangered. Comments on the number of locations, degree of fragmentation and rate of habitat loss within the altitudinal range of this species, together with estimates of the likely population size, are welcomed. Continue reading