- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Standardwing
It is suggested that the species be uplisted to Near Threatened under criterion B1ab(ii,iii,v), on the basis that it has a small range, in which suitable habitat is considered very fragmented by clearance for logging, agriculture and development, but is not considered severely fragmented under the IUCN definition, and the area and quality of suitable habitat is in continuing decline, with continuing declines in the species’s population inferred as a result. Continue reading