- Africa (212)
- Americas (377)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (321)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (149)
- Species Group (239)
- Taxonomy (165)
Five most recent topics
- Reclassification of species listed as CR, CR (PE), EW and EX following Butchart et al. (2018)
- Schoutedden’s Swift (Schoutedenapus schoutedeni): no longer a valid taxon.
- Spectacled Eider (Somateria fischeri): request for information.
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Spain
This discussion was first published as part of the 2018 Red List update. At the time a decision regarding its status was pended, but to enable potential reassessment of this species as part of the 2019 Red List update this … Continue reading
Archived 2018 topic: Northern Bald Ibis (Geronticus eremita): downlist from Critically Endangered to Endangered?
This discussion was first published as part of the 2017 Red List update. At the time a decision regarding its status was pended, but to enable potential reassessment of the species as part of the 2018 Red List update this … Continue reading
Prior to del Hoyo and Collar (2016), the Iberian (Southern) Grey Shrike, Lanius meridionalis, was treated by BirdLife as a subspecies of L. excubitor, and by Handbook of the Birds of the World as a separate species that included Iberian, … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Blue Chaffinch (Fringilla teydea) is being split: list F. teydea as Near Threatened and F. polatzeki as Critically Endangered or Endangered?
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading