- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: South Sudan
Archived 2017 topics: Spotted Ground-thrush (Geokichla guttata): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
BirdLife Species factsheet for Spotted Ground-thrush: http://datazone.birdlife.org/species/factsheet/spotted-ground-thrush-geokichla-guttata The Spotted Ground-thrush, Geokichla guttata (formerly placed in the genus Zoothera) is currently listed as Endangered under criterion C2a(i), on the basis that it has a very small and fragmented population which … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Montane White-eye (Zosterops poliogastrus) is being split: list Z. silvanus as Endangered, Z. winifredae as Vulnerable and Z. kulalensis as Near Threatened? Request for information for Z. eurycricotus and Z. mbuluensis.
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading