- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (1,032)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- Pampas Meadowlark (Leistes defilippii): request for information.
- Cipo Canastero (Asthenes luizae): revise global status?
- Plumbeous Antvireo (Dysithamnus plumbeus): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Helmeted Woodpecker (Hylatomus galeatus): uplist from VU to EN?
- Black-capped Piprites (Piprites pileata): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: South Korea
Archived 2019 topic: A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
The complex of white-eyes that are currently recognised as the species Mountain White-eye Zosterops montanus, Japanese White-eye Z. japonicus, Oriental White-eye Z. palpebrosus, Enggano White-eye Z. salvadorii and Everett’s White-eye Z. everetti (del Hoyo et al. 2016) have been comprehensively … Continue reading
Relict Gull, Larus relictus, is a migratory gull, breeding at localities in Kazakhstan, Russia, Mongolia and China (e.g. Rubini and Berezovikov 2002, He Fen-qi and Ren Yong-qui 2006). Breeding sites are found in the arid-steppe zone on islands in saline … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Varied Tit (Parus varius) is being moved to the genus Sittiparus and split: list Izu Tit S. owstoni and S. olivaceus as Vulnerable?
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading