- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: South Korea
Relict Gull, Larus relictus, is a migratory gull, breeding at localities in Kazakhstan, Russia, Mongolia and China (e.g. Rubini and Berezovikov 2002, He Fen-qi and Ren Yong-qui 2006). Breeding sites are found in the arid-steppe zone on islands in saline … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Varied Tit (Parus varius) is being moved to the genus Sittiparus and split: list Izu Tit S. owstoni and S. olivaceus as Vulnerable?
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading