- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Socotra Buzzard
Socotra Buzzard Buteo socotraensis is recognised as a valid species following Porter and Kirwan (2010). Surveys carried out between 1999 and 2008 suggest that there is a population of perhaps fewer than 500 mature individuals, however there is no evidence of a decline in the population. It is therefore proposed that the species be listed as Vulnerable under criterion D1. Continue reading