- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (947)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Sira Barbet
Archived 2018 topic: Species to be potentially uplisted after a reassessment of species against criterion B2, following Tracewski et al. (2016)
This discussion was first published as part of the 2017 Red List update. At the time a decision regarding the status of several was pended, but to enable potential reassessment of these species as part of the 2018 Red List … Continue reading
Archived 2014 discussion: The recently described taxon Capito fitzpatricki is being recognised as a species by BirdLife: list the species as Near Threatened?
The recently described taxon Capito fitzpatricki (Seeholzer et al. 2012) is being recognised as a species by BirdLife, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading