- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (948)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
- Uncategorized (1)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Sira Barbet
Archived 2018 topic: Species to be potentially uplisted after a reassessment of species against criterion B2, following Tracewski et al. (2016)
This discussion was first published as part of the 2017 Red List update. At the time a decision regarding the status of several was pended, but to enable potential reassessment of these species as part of the 2018 Red List … Continue reading
Archived 2014 discussion: The recently described taxon Capito fitzpatricki is being recognised as a species by BirdLife: list the species as Near Threatened?
The recently described taxon Capito fitzpatricki (Seeholzer et al. 2012) is being recognised as a species by BirdLife, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading