- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Sincora Antwren
Archived 2016 topics: Sincora Antwren (Formicivora grantsaui): uplist from Near Threatened to Endangered?
BirdLife species factsheet for Sincora Antwren Sincora Antwren is known only from the Serra do Sincorá in the Espinhaço Range, Diamantina region, Bahia, Brazil (Gonzaga et al. 2007). It is so far known from four localities: Morro do Pai Inácio, … Continue reading
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Sincorá Antwren (Formicivora grantsaui): newly described and Near Threatened?
Sincorá Antwren Formicivora grantsaui was recently described by Gonzaga et al. (2007) from the Serra do Sincorá, on the eastern escarpments of the Chapada Diamantina, Central Bahia, eastern Brazil. Other restricted-range species of the Cadeia do Espinhço are typically considered Vulnerable or Near Threatened under criterion B1 depending on the threats to their habitats. Comments on the attached map, recent records and threats to the species’s habitat are welcomed: