- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (1,032)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- Pampas Meadowlark (Leistes defilippii): request for information.
- Cipo Canastero (Asthenes luizae): revise global status?
- Plumbeous Antvireo (Dysithamnus plumbeus): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Helmeted Woodpecker (Hylatomus galeatus): uplist from VU to EN?
- Black-capped Piprites (Piprites pileata): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Seychelles White-eye
BirdLife species factsheet for Seychelles White-eye The Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus) has populations on the islands of Mahé and Conception in the Seychelles, with translocated populations on Frégate, Ile du Nord (North Island) and since 2018, Grande Soeur Island. The … Continue reading
Archived 2016 topics: Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): downlist from Endangered to Vulnerable?
BirdLife species factsheet for Seychelles White-eye: http://www.birdlife.org/datazone/species/factsheet/22714018 Previous forum discussion on Seychelles White-eye: https://globally-threatened-bird-forums.birdlife.org/2014/08/seychelles-white-eye-zosterops-modestus-downlist-to-vulnerable/ This species is found on Conception and Mahé Islands of the Seychelles, and translocations to North Island, Frégate and Cousine have occurred. It is currently listed … Continue reading
This discussion was first published as part of the 2013 Red List update, but remains open for comment to enable reassessment in 2015. BirdLife species factsheet for Seychelles White-eye Seychelles White-eye Zosterops modestus is endemic to the Seychelles. It is listed … Continue reading