- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (947)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Semipalmated Sandpiper
Semipalmated Sandpiper Calidris pusilla is listed as Least Concern on the basis that it does not approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. Recent population trends appear to have been negative for this species in many areas. Up-to-date information is requested on this species, in particular the likely population trend and the severity of threats. Continue reading