- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Re-assessment of Species against Criterion B1: Red List Implications of the use of Minimum Convex Polygons
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
Tag Archives: São Tomé Bronze-naped Pigeon
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Are São Tomé’s pigeons more threatened by hunting than current Red List status suggests?
Maroon Pigeon Columba thomensis , São Tomé Bronze-naped Pigeon Columba malherbii and São Tomé Green-pigeon Treron sanctithomae are all endemic to the islands of São Tomé, Príncipe and Annobón. Maroon Pigeon, currently listed as Vulnerable under criterion D1, occurs only on São Tomé as does the Least Concern São Tomé Green-pigeon, while the Least Concern São Tomé Bronze-naped Pigeon occurs on São Tomé, Príncipe and Annobón. All three species may be eligible for uplisting owing to the effects of hunting pressure. Comments on these potential category revisions are welcomed, particularly estimates of population size and rate of decline for these species. Continue reading