- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (947)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Santa Marta Wren
Archived 2010-2011 topics: Black-backed Thornbill (Ramphomicron dorsale) and Santa Marta Wren (Troglodytes monticola): uplist both to Endangered?
Black-backed Thornbill Ramphomicron dorsale is endemic to the Santa Marta Mountains of Colombia, where it occurs from 2,000-4,600 m. It is currently classified as Least Concern but its Extent of Occurrence has recently been estimated at 2,600 km2. Santa Marta … Continue reading