- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (1,032)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- Pampas Meadowlark (Leistes defilippii): request for information.
- Cipo Canastero (Asthenes luizae): revise global status?
- Plumbeous Antvireo (Dysithamnus plumbeus): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Helmeted Woodpecker (Hylatomus galeatus): uplist from VU to EN?
- Black-capped Piprites (Piprites pileata): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Santa Marta Screech-owl
Archived 2019 topic: The newly described taxon Santa Marta Screech-owl (Megascops gilesi) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Santa Marta Screech-owl (Megascops gilesi) was first collected in 1919 in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta in northern Colombia, but was preliminary classified as Tropical Screech-owl (Megascops choliba). Based on the vocalisation and on genetic and morphological analysis of … Continue reading