- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (860)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (236)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Shelley’s Eagle-owl (Bubo shelleyi): revise global status?
- Le Conte’s Thrasher (Toxostoma lecontei): request for information.
- Lark Bunting (Calamospiza melanocorys): revise global status?
- Henslow’s Sparrow (Passerculus henslowii): revise global status?
- Harris’s Sparrow (Zonotrichia querula): revise global status?
- Eat chocolate, save a rainforest - the Gola Cocoa Project tells you how May 22, 2018Gbessay Sannoh and Bockerie Sama are standing in a shady rainforest amongst the whooping sounds of hornbills and leafy cocoa trees. They’re at the edge of the Gola Rainforest in Sierra Leone, where for generations thousands of cocoa trees have been grown by their people – the Goleagorbu, small-scale farmers. While chatting and joking they […]
- The Comeback Kids: five birds brought back from the brink May 21, 2018People often underestimate nature’s power to bounce back. Give it half a chance, and habitats will start to regrow, populations recover. There’s no denying that humans create huge challenges – but with enough support, dedication and resources, we can also reverse them. And the minute we do, nature is there in the wings, waiting to […]
- BirdLife wins big at Natura 2000 Awards 2018 May 18, 2018
- Eat chocolate, save a rainforest - the Gola Cocoa Project tells you how May 22, 2018
Tag Archives: Rusty-necked Piculet
Rusty-necked Piculet Picumnus fuscus is currently listed as Near Threatened under criterion B1a+b(iii) on the basis that it occupies a moderately small range in which there is an ongoing decline in the area, extent and/or quality of its habitat. The range map for this species has recently been updated and the species’s Extent of Occurrence is now estimated at 40,800 km2.