- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (947)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Rufous-vented Prinia
Archived 2016 topics: Rufous-vented Prinia (Prinia burnesii) is being moved to genus Laticilla and split: list L. burnesii as Near Threatened and L. cinerascens as Vulnerable?
This is part of a consultation on the Red List implications of extensive changes to BirdLife’s taxonomy for passerines Lynx Edicions and BirdLife International will soon publish the second volume of the HBW-BirdLife Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the … Continue reading
Archived 2011-2012 topics: Rufous-vented Prinia (Prinia burnesii) and Swamp Prinia (P. cinerascens): request for information
Rufous-vented Prinia Prinia burnesii has been split into P. burnesii and P. cinerascens. Prior to this taxonomic change, the lumped taxa were listed as Near Threatened on the basis that the population was suspected to be undergoing a continued decline of 1-19% over 10 years owing to habitat loss and degradation. This taxonomic change has prompted a review of these species’ threat status, and there is speculation that P. cinarescens could qualify as threatened. Information is requested on the population sizes and estimated rates of decline in both species in order to help in the assessment of their Red List status. Continue reading