- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (947)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Rufous-fronted Laughingthrush
Archived 2016 topics: Rufous-fronted Laughingthrush (Garrulax rufifrons): uplist from Endangered to Critically Endangered?
A montane laughingthrush with a restricted historical distribution across the upper slopes of central and western Javan volcanoes, Garrulax rufifrons (BirdLife species factsheet) is currently listed as Endangered under criterion A2cd + 3cd +4cd. This listing, as mentioned above, was … Continue reading
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Rufous-fronted Laughingthrush (Garrulax rufifrons): uplist to Vulnerable?
BirdLife species factsheet for Rufous-fronted Laughingthrush Rufous-fronted Laughingthrush Garrulax rufifrons is restricted to the mountains of west and central Java, Indonesia. It is currently classified as Near Threatened on the basis that it approaches the thresholds for Vulnerable under criteria A2cd+3cd; … Continue reading