- Africa (196)
- Americas (350)
- Archive (849)
- Asia (310)
- Australia (41)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (87)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (58)
- Pacific (140)
- Species Group (227)
- Taxonomy (161)
Five most recent topics
- Pale-throated Wren-babbler (Spelaeornis kinneari): revise global status?
- Painted Bunting (Passerina ciris): revise global status?
- Spectacled Eider (Somateria fischeri): request for information.
- Bahama Nuthatch (Sitta insularis): revise global status?
- Tawny Eagle (Aquila rapax): revise global status?
- Nature in the rich man’s world March 1, 2018Ariel Brunner calls for more funding for EU nature conservation in his editorial for the latest issue of the BirdLife Europe & Central Asia newsletter. Read the full issue – February Newsletter: The Silence of the Leaders All of us know the challenges of managing our budgets - of saving bit by bit for something […]
- The Silence of the Leaders March 1, 2018A ‘Silence of the Lambs’-inspired demonstration organised by BirdLife in Brussels last Friday saw 133 European NGOs demand more money for the EU to protect biodiversity. With nature conservation glaringly absent from the discussions on the future of Europe, civil society called on those gathered to break the ‘Silence of the Leaders’.
- How alien plant invaders crowd out native birds February 28, 2018*/ /*-->*/ To mark the centennial of the US Migratory Bird Treaty Act – the most powerful and important bird protection law ever passed – we are declaring 2018 the "Year of the Bird". As part of this, BirdLife International, National Geographic, the National Audubon Society and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology are joining forces to encourage […]
- Nature in the rich man’s world March 1, 2018
Tag Archives: Rufous-fronted Laughingthrush
Archived 2016 topics: Rufous-fronted Laughingthrush (Garrulax rufifrons): uplist from Endangered to Critically Endangered?
A montane laughingthrush with a restricted historical distribution across the upper slopes of central and western Javan volcanoes, Garrulax rufifrons (BirdLife species factsheet) is currently listed as Endangered under criterion A2cd + 3cd +4cd. This listing, as mentioned above, was … Continue reading
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Rufous-fronted Laughingthrush (Garrulax rufifrons): uplist to Vulnerable?
BirdLife species factsheet for Rufous-fronted Laughingthrush Rufous-fronted Laughingthrush Garrulax rufifrons is restricted to the mountains of west and central Java, Indonesia. It is currently classified as Near Threatened on the basis that it approaches the thresholds for Vulnerable under criteria A2cd+3cd; … Continue reading