- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Rueppell’s Vulture
Archived 2011-2012 topics: White-backed Vulture (Gyps africanus) and Rueppell’s Vulture (Gyps rueppelli): request for information
Assessing overall population trends in such widespread and mobile species is inherently problematic, and such species may also be prone to natural fluctuations in abundance. However, it remains necessary to evaluate whether the current listing of Near Threatened for G. africanus and G. rueppelli is likely to be correct. Continue reading