- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: River Lapwing
Thewlis et al. (1998) proposed that V. duvaucelii be considered for uplisting to Near Threatened if the situation in Laos was representative of the majority of its range, as it had undergone recent declines there (Duckworth et al. 1998, Thewlis et al. 1998). Further information on the species is requested from all parts of its range, particularly on its population trends and the severity of threats. Continue reading