- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Rio de Janeiro Antbird
Rio de Janeiro Antbird Cercomacra brasiliana is listed as Near Threatened under criterion B1a+b(i,ii,iii,v) on the basis that it was known from fewer than 10 locations within a moderately small range, in which it was generally considered rare or uncommon, with numbers probably declining. Following on from improved knowledge of its distribution in areas where it had previously been overlooked (del Hoyo et al. 2003), the species’s Extent of Occurrence has been updated by BirdLife.