- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Purple-naped Lory
Purple-naped Lory Lorius domicella is currently listed as Vulnerable because it is assumed to have a small population of fewer than 10,000 mature individuals that is declining.
On limited available evidence it seems plausible that the population has declined to fewer than 2,500 mature individuals and given the threats a continuing decline is likely. This would qualify the species as Endangered if all sub-populations support fewer than 250 mature individuals. Comments on the likely population size and structure, and its status on Ambon and elsewhere in South Maluku are invited to accurately assess this species’s status. Continue reading