- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Pulitzer’s Longbill
Archived 2012-2013 topics: Pulitzer’s Longbill (Macrosphenus pulitzeri): downlist to Vulnerable or Near Threatened?
BirdLife species factsheet for Pulitzer’s Longbill Pulitzer’s Longbill Macrosphenus pulitzeri is known from the escarpment of western Angola. It is currently listed as Endangered under criteria B1ab(i,ii,iii,iv);C2a(i), on the basis that it has a very small, severely fragmented range, a very … Continue reading