- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Pompadour Green-pigeon
Archived 2014 discussion: Pompadour Green-pigeon (Treron pompadora) is being split: list T. aromatica as Vulnerable and four other newly defined species as Near Threatened?
Pompadour Green-pigeon Treron pompadora is being split into T. pompadora, T. affinis, T. chloroptera, T. phayrei, T. axillaris and T. aromatica, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading