- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (948)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
- Uncategorized (1)
Five most recent topics
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Piping Hornbill
Archived 2014 discussion: Piping Hornbill (Bycanistes fistulator) is being split: list B. fistulator as Near Threatened?
Piping Hornbill Bycanistes fistulator is being split into B. fistulator and B. sharpii following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading