- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Pesquet’s Parrot
Archived 2017 topics: Pesquet’s Parrot (Psittrichas fulgidus): downlist to Near Threatened or Least Concern?
BirdLife Species factsheet for Pesquet’s Parrot: http://datazone.birdlife.org/species/factsheet/pesquets-parrot-psittrichas-fulgidus Pesquet’s Parrot, Psittrichas fulgidus, is an apparently rare and declining species found patchily across New Guinea. It is restricted to lower montane and hill forest (Mack and Wright 1998, B. Beehler in … Continue reading