- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (949)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Pale-throated Wren-babbler
The Pale-throated Wren-babbler (Spelaeornis kinneari) had been listed as Vulnerable since 2011, until it was downlisted in 2017 to Near Threatened (BirdLife International 2018) because of the recognition of potential range extensions, and a change to the use of Minimum … Continue reading
Pale-throated Wren-babbler Spelaeornis kinneari is currently classified as Least Concern, however, overall forest loss within its small range means that it is likely to exceed the threshold for classification as Vulnerable. Continue reading