- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (947)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Pale-throated Wren-babbler
The Pale-throated Wren-babbler (Spelaeornis kinneari) had been listed as Vulnerable since 2011, until it was downlisted in 2017 to Near Threatened (BirdLife International 2018) because of the recognition of potential range extensions, and a change to the use of Minimum … Continue reading
Pale-throated Wren-babbler Spelaeornis kinneari is currently classified as Least Concern, however, overall forest loss within its small range means that it is likely to exceed the threshold for classification as Vulnerable. Continue reading