- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Pale-billed Antpitta
It is suggested that this species qualifies for uplisting at least to Near Threatened under criterion B1a+b(ii,iii) on the basis that it has a small range, in which there are on-going declines in the Area of Occupancy and area, extent and/or quality of habitat owing to continued deforestation. Comments are invited on this suggested category change, as well as on the potential for the species to qualify as Vulnerable under B1. Continue reading