- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (948)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
- Uncategorized (1)
Five most recent topics
- A re-evaluation of the species limits in Asian white-eyes Zosterops: implications and an appeal for information to assess the status of the newly-recognised Sangkar White-eye Z. melanurus
- Brown-cheeked Bulbul (Alophoixus bres): request for information
- Seychelles White-eye (Zosterops modestus): revise global status?
- Maroon-tailed Parakeet (Pyrrhura melanura) is being split: assessment of newly recognised taxa.
- The newly described taxon Rote Leaf-warbler (Phylloscopus rotiensis) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Tag Archives: Painted Parakeet
Archived 2014 discussion: Painted Parakeet (Pyrrhura picta) is being split: list P. subandina and P. caeruliceps as Critically Endangered, P. eisenmanni as Endangered, and other species as indicated by projected rates of forest loss in Amazonia?
Painted Parakeet Pyrrhura picta is being split into P. picta, P. snethlageae, P. parvifrons, P. amazonum, P. lucianii, P. roseifrons, P. peruviana, P. subandina, P. caeruleiceps and P. eisenmanni, following the application of criteria set out by Tobias et al. (2010). Continue reading