- Africa (220)
- Americas (422)
- Archive (1,032)
- Asia (334)
- Australia (45)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (61)
- Pacific (164)
- Species Group (257)
- Taxonomy (176)
Five most recent topics
- Pampas Meadowlark (Leistes defilippii): request for information.
- Cipo Canastero (Asthenes luizae): revise global status?
- Plumbeous Antvireo (Dysithamnus plumbeus): uplist from Vulnerable to Endangered?
- Helmeted Woodpecker (Hylatomus galeatus): uplist from VU to EN?
- Black-capped Piprites (Piprites pileata): downlist from Vulnerable to Near Threatened?
Tag Archives: Painted Manakin
Archived 2019 topic: The newly described taxon Painted Manakin (Machaeropterus eckelberryi) is to be recognized as a species by BirdLife International.
Painted Manakin (Machaeropterus eckelberryi) was discovered in 1996 in the Cordillera Azul of the Peruvian Andes. Based on its vocalisation and on genetic and morphological analysis, the species was described as a new taxon in 2017 (Lane et al. 2017). … Continue reading