- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Ornate Lorikeet
Ornate Lorikeet Trichoglossus ornatus is listed as Least Concern on the basis that it does not approach the thresholds for Vulnerable under any of the IUCN criteria. However, information recently received by BirdLife suggests that this species is no longer common in northern and central parts of Sulawesi – In light of these observations, up-to-date information is requested on this species. Continue reading