- Africa (211)
- Americas (376)
- Archive (946)
- Asia (320)
- Australia (42)
- AZE (Alliance for Zero Extinction) (16)
- Europe & Central Asia (90)
- Illegal killing of birds (2)
- Middle East (59)
- Pacific (148)
- Species Group (238)
- Taxonomy (164)
Five most recent topics
- Dupont’s Lark (Chersophilus duponti): Request for information from North Africa
- Principe Speirops (Zosterops leucophaeus): revise global status?
- Tickell’s Brown Hornbill (Anorrhinus tickelli): request for information.
- Sichuan Treecreeper (Certhia tianquanensis): downlist from Near Threatened to Least Concern?
- Gurney’s Pitta (Hydrornis gurneyi): revise global status?
Tag Archives: Orinoco Goose
Orinoco Goose Neochen jubata is listed as Near Threatened under criteria A2c,d; A3c,d; A4c,d on the basis that it is suspected to be undergoing a continued decline of 1-19% over 10 years owing to heavy and ongoing hunting pressure. Recently, concern has been expressed over the conversion of suitable habitat in Venezuela for agriculture, particularly for rice cultivation, some of which is taking place in formerly protected areas (C. Sharpe in litt. 2010).